Thursday, February 19, 2009

a little fun

So I was reading in the BYU Alumni magazine and there were a couple of hilarious stories at the end.  Here they are:

"Mistletoe Mishap" by Marci von Savoye Williams
When my husband, then boyfriend, showed up to his brother's wedding, his entire family kept pestering him about the big, ugly gash at the end of his nose.  But the story behind his nose was not something he was ready to share.
The day before the wedding we were on one of our first dates. It was Christmastime, and above each elevator door at S Hall in Deseret Towers hung mistletoe.  When our date was over, he walked me to the elevator of my dorm.  Standing in the elevator, I pointed up at the mistletoe and smiled coyly, but he didn't take my bait.  Not one to give up easily, I leaned through the doorway and planted a kiss right on his lips.  Perhaps he was surprised by my forwardness, or maybe he was just hanging on to the moment; either way, he lingered a bit too long, and the doors closed right on his nose.  He had to place a hand on each door to push his nose free.  Fortunately, subsequent kisses were not so hazardous, though I don't think we've kissed under the mistletoe since!


"The Prophetess" by Keith C Porter
one evening at BYU I had a date with my girlfriend.  We were going to a dance wherein she had some responsibility.  Once there, she realised she had left something at her apartment.  We borrowed her friend's yellow VW Bug to make the run.  When we parked in her residence paring lot, she removed the keys from the ignition before leaving me in the car, saying, "Because you can't be trusted."
Because I can't be trusted, once she disappeared, I pulled the Bug out of gear.  To my delight it rollled backward to the back of the lot where I slipped it back into gear.  As the car came to a rest, an identical yellow Bug pulled into the spot I had vacated.  The couple in the car began to embrace and kiss.  About this time, my girlfriend appeared and, because it was dusk, all seh could see was the silhouette of the couple.  She stoped in front of the car and planted her hands on her hips in disgust.  Then she stomped to the driver side of the car, yanked the door open and yelled, "WHAT IS GOING ON IN HERE?!"  Seeing by the light in the VW that it was not me, she turned red, then looked around and saw me in laughter in the car at the bqaack of the lot.  She ran to the right VW Bug, jumped in, and said, "I knew I couldn't trust you!"

2 comments:

Lula Mae said...

That is amazing!

Emily said...

Those are hilarious! Thanks for sharing!